Chiropractic is Widely Recognised as a Safe, Effective and Natural Approach to Healthcare
Did you know that over 200,000 Australians visit their local Doctor of Chiropractic each week? They are successfully treated for a wide range of health concerns including back pain, headaches, migraines, sciatica, scoliosis, neck pain, posture improvement, sports injury and more.
Chiropractic is the world’s largest natural, drug-free, non-surgical primary contact health profession in the world. Chiropractors focus on the connection between the spine and nervous system and believe that many health complaints are caused when the nervous system is impacted, specifically through vertebral misalignment.
The following quote is referenced to the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics in regards to a literature study conducted to ascertain the effectiveness of chiropractic as a treatment for neck and back pain:
In relation to the treatment of neck and back pain, studies have shown that a course of chiropractic care was 250 times safer than a course of anti-inflammatory drugs (1).
Yes chiropractic is safe, however like any other form of healthcare, is not 100% risk free. The risks with chiropractic are extremely small, you can ask your local chiropractor about these in relation to your case. Did you know that you have more of a chance of being injured in a car accident than from chiropractic care? (2)
According to the U.S. Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (3), the United States is in the middle of a prescription painkiller overdose epidemic. Every day, 44 people in the U.S. die from overdose of prescription painkillers, and many more become addicted. How many people die from chiropractic per day? None. Think about that for a moment. Easily accessed and prescribed painkillers are killing tens of thousands of people per year versus the occasional incident in a chiropractic clinic. There really is no comparison.
Find out more
Chiropractors study for a full 5 years in Australia. Chiropractors are the best placed healthcare professionals to deal with your spine and nerve related health issues.
If you would like to book a chiropractic consultation at New World Chiro please phone or email us today.
- Dabbs, V., & Lauretti, W.J. (1995). A Risk Assessment of Cervical Manipulation vs NSAIDS for the Treatment of Neck Pain. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 18 (8), 530-536. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8583176
- Dinman BD. The reality and acceptance of risk. Journal of the American Medical Association 1980; 233(11): 1226-1228.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Injury Prevention and Control: Prescription Drug Overdose. Source: http://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/
- What Exactly Does a Chiropractor Do? - 31/01/2020
- Hips Out of Alignment - 28/05/2019
- Tech Neck - 26/03/2019
- Phases of Spinal Degeneration - 11/12/2018
- Will a Chiropractor Help My Pain go Away - 08/08/2018
- Can Medical Doctors Work With Chiropractors - 07/08/2018
- Does Looking at My Phone Give Me a Headache - 05/07/2018
- Common Types of Neck Curves and Neck Curve Problems - 27/10/2017
- Can Chiropractic Help My Back Pain - 28/09/2017
- Chiropractic Quotes to Motivate and Inspire You - 20/06/2017