New Year – New You?
Welcome to the New Year! The team at New World Chiro hope this year will be your healthiest year yet.
New Year, New You!
In writing this New Year blog post, we tried hard to avoid the typical ‘New Year’s Resolution’ type clichés. Rather, we want you to try a different approach throughout the year. That of ‘healthy-ish’.
‘Healthy-ish’: If you aim to take a ‘healthy-ish’ approach to everything this year, you may actually succeed!
The Problem With New Year’s Resolutions
According to a New Year’s Resolution survey on Statisticbrain1, only 9% of respondents felt they were successful in achieving their resolution, with 48% having infrequent success and 42% never succeeding on their resolution. Why, does it seem, are New Year’s Resolutions doomed to failure?
Perhaps your goals are too ambitious or unrealistic. Too much change too soon can see old habits return. This applies to your health also: there really isn’t one sweet answer to solve your health challenges.
Let’s Look at Diet
Many people set New Year’s Resolutions around diet and weight loss. Let’s explore this further. Despite a variety of different diet approaches, there doesn’t seem to be a ‘one size fits all’ answer. What may be right for one person may not be right for you. From the sugar-quitting advocates to the passionate paleos, the gluten-free gurus to the vege-juice veterans, what approach is right for you?
Thankfully, there is no one way to good health and people are starting to come around to this. This brings us back to our earlier point, ‘healthy-ish’. Try a ‘healthy-ish’ approach to diet and weight loss. You can still enjoy eating the things you like, in moderation. Take this approach with exercise, personal relations, social activities and other aspects of your health and wellbeing.
Definition of Health
According to the World Health Organisation2, health is about a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being: a balancing act in which all aspects of your life need to be taken into account and thought about.
Try This Health Quiz
Behavioural scientists at CSIRO believe the secret to successful weight loss is understanding your diet type. Try this free quiz now 3 and see what your diet type may be. New World Chiro is not endorsing any particular diet type.
Can you related to any of these?
- The Thinker: over thinking leads to stress and mood swings which can upset your eating habits
- The Craver: A tendency to experience food cravings can lead to overeating in certain situations.
- The Foodie: you are passionate about food. Food is always on your mind, whether it’s making, eating or experiencing it.
- The Socialiser: You are flexible with what you eat, how much you eat and when you eat. Your eating is in part defined by your social activities.
- The Freewheeler: You are spontaneous and tend to live in the here-and-now.
We Have Your Back into the New Year and Beyond
Regardless of how you approach your diet, a fundamental underpinning is the health of your spine and nervous system. If you get the fundamentals right, everything else should be easy.
As chiropractors, the team at New World Chiro know only too well the problems associated with your spine and nervous system. Aches and pain, headaches, reduced performance and poor concentration take their toll.
Regular chiropractic adjustments work to keep you in optimal health, out of pain and performing at your best.
Chiropractors are the spinal health professionals, and use a hands-on, drug-free approach to health care that includes patient examination, diagnosis and treatment.
Consult Our Clinic
Start this year right and contact New World Chiro now to schedule your next adjustment. We’ll help you create your healthiest year ever!
- What Exactly Does a Chiropractor Do? - 31/01/2020
- Hips Out of Alignment - 28/05/2019
- Tech Neck - 26/03/2019
- Phases of Spinal Degeneration - 11/12/2018
- Will a Chiropractor Help My Pain go Away - 08/08/2018
- Can Medical Doctors Work With Chiropractors - 07/08/2018
- Does Looking at My Phone Give Me a Headache - 05/07/2018
- Common Types of Neck Curves and Neck Curve Problems - 27/10/2017
- Can Chiropractic Help My Back Pain - 28/09/2017
- Chiropractic Quotes to Motivate and Inspire You - 20/06/2017