Summary of Facts
“Your spine is your tree of life!”
Yes this really is an accurate metaphor. Your spine acts as your central support, the protector of your delicate spinal cord and keeps you upright and balanced.
Problems can arise when your spine gets twisted, misaligned and injured.
Here are some fast facts that may better help you understand the significance of your spine.
- 24 moving parts (vertebrae) with a total of 33 vertebrae (several are fused).
- 7 neck vertebrae: the same number as the giraffe with the really long neck.
- You have an ‘Atlas’. The first vertebrae is known as the atlas, after the mythological Greek figure Atlas who carried the weight of the world on his shoulders.
- Your spine protects your spinal cord.
- Back pain. The most common problem with your spine is back pain, affecting up to 80% of the community.
Share this Infographic
Do you like this infographic? Please share it with your friends, family, local school or work place. By sharing the many benefits of chiropractic, together we can really help our local communities.
You may use this infographic on your own site provided you reference this page: https://www.newworldchiro.com.au/2017/03/28/5-fast-facts-about-my-spine-infographic/
Concerned About Your Spine?
Please contact your team here at New World Chiro to arrange a consultation with our chiropractors. We will provide you with a thorough chiropractic consultation, a report of findings and may recommend treatment options as required.
- Ice Packs for Back Pain - 01/09/2020
- What Exactly Does a Chiropractor Do? - 31/01/2020
- Hips Out of Alignment - 28/05/2019
- Tech Neck - 26/03/2019
- Phases of Spinal Degeneration - 11/12/2018
- Will a Chiropractor Help My Pain go Away - 08/08/2018
- Can Medical Doctors Work With Chiropractors - 07/08/2018
- Does Looking at My Phone Give Me a Headache - 05/07/2018
- Common Types of Neck Curves and Neck Curve Problems - 27/10/2017
- Can Chiropractic Help My Back Pain - 28/09/2017